Market Status: Not Released
Xperia S Release Date: Spring 2012
**Update Jan 30, 2012** > The Xperia S has hit the FCC and has been approved.
Wow the new Sony Xperia S is a work of art! This beefy phone is absolutely beautiful and has all the latest features and specs you’d want from your next high end smart phone.
It comes in black or white.
Sony has announced the new Xperia S, which has many other cell phone brands working intensely to outshine it. Whether they like it or not, though, this is a major step for connectivity. The Ericsson-branded (for now, at least) has features that include: quad-band GSM/ EDGE, 850/900/1900/2100 UMTS and HSPA, RFID, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR and even GPS.
According to a post on the company’s Facebook wall, the Xperia S will be sporting an “anti-stain shell,”— similar to the nano-coating we saw on the Droid Razr. There’s a rumor about a “fast-charging mode” will allow up to an hour of usage with just 10 minutes of charge time. This feature alone, if the rumor is true, will be a major selling factor for many.
The Xperia S is a big upcoming AT&T phone.
Xperia S Specs
- 1.5GHz dual core processor
- 1GB RAM
- Android OS, v2.3 **Android 4.0 coming soon
- 4.3″ HD Reality Display + Mobile Bravia engine -720p screen @ 1280×720 LED backlit (342 ppi)
- 12MP camera, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, 3D sweep panorama, image stabilization
- 1080p video camera
- 1.3MP – 720p front facing camera
- 32GB Storage
- Playstation Certified
- HDMI out