Pantech Marauder Release Date: August 2
We recommend the Droid 4 over this phone.
Pantech is releasing a new phone on Verizon on August 2. This phone is made for people looking for a physical keyboard and ease of use on the speedy 4G LTE network. Pantech built in two different user modes…one for beginners and one for people with more Android experience.
Yep, you can start your parents out on “starter” mode with a bit cleaner interface, less home screens & buttons and the phone app icon is huge so a noob can find it.
When you switch back to “standard” mode Android 4.0 it’s just like any Android 4.0 phone.
Would it be smart to purchase this phone over lets say the Droid 4? Probably not even though this phone is $50 cheaper. The Droid 4 has a better keyboard, camera/video camera and a bigger and better screen. And the Droid 4 has Bluetooth 4.
Here are the Pantech Marauder’s specs:
- Notification Curtain that displays quick on/off settings, phone settings, connectivity and sync, social media and email
- On device help section provides guided tours for first-time smartphone customers to help learn the tips and tricks of their new device
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google+, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to the Google Play Store
- Share media with friends and colleagues wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer and phone book access
- Daily Life Assistants such as clock, calendar and weather
- Easy access email that is compatible with Microsoft® Exchange, Yahoo!® Mail, Windows Live®, AOL®, Gmail
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
- Mobile Hotspot capable to share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices